In this recipe I used plain potatoes (sweet potato or squash can be used too and the gnocchi come out equally delicious) because we grow our own organic potatoes.
Also potatoes are very starchy so the amount of added starch can be very small. For the added starch I used tapioca flour because it is gluten free and cheap.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup tapioca powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- Peel and cook the potatoes in salt water.
- Add in the potatoes salt, turmeric, 1 spoon of lard and blend them (I use handheld blender).
- Add in the egg, baking powder and tapioca and mix well.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- I used a plastic bag with a small hole to make small piles on the baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After baking a used a souce I had left from grilling meat in a skillet and just tossed the gnocchi in. But one can use any kind of sauce (simple one spoon lard/olive oil with garlic will do) to coat the gnocchi.