This is a perfect recipe for winter time. Especially this winter that has been overwhelming us with viral diseases, especially colds and the flu.
When down with a cold there is no better then chicken soup and this is just it, the best chicken soup you'll ever taste.
I make it with what ever parts of a chicken I have around, be it chicken liver, heart, the so called lesser parts, or the "better" parts. But I do try and put enough meat so that it can stand as a selfsufficient meal. Also for the vegetables it's the more the merrier rule. So what ever you have around, fresh or frozen goes.
250 gr of chicken meat
1 bell pepper
100 gr of peas
1 small cauliflower
1 small broccoli
2 garlic cloves
1 medium onion
1/2 celery root
1 small spoon of lard
+ anything that comes to mind, vegetable vise
2 spoons of tapioca flour
1. Chop the onion into medium pieces, and fry it on the lard until translucent
2. Add in the chicken meat and fry for a minute or two.
3. Add in all of the vegetables chopped into medium pieces and put the lid on the pot. After about 5 minutes, when all of the vegetables has started to loose it's juices add in about 1dcl of chicken stock or water and simmer.
4. This has to gently for about 45 minutes and then you can add enough stock to make it into as much soup as you want (it will be thick enough with out any flour) add in the salt to taste and some thyme.
5. OPTIONAL: make dumplings from one egg, 2 spoons of tapioca flour, little salt and little thyme and spoon them in. They will be cooked very quickly, as soon as they come out to the surface they are done.
6. OPTIONAL: Slice garlic into thin slices and roast it on some olive oil and sprinkle it on the soup before serving.
This will definitely make you feel you lot better when you need any kind of comfort food. :)