Also it's dairy free, and if you use paleo chocolate it can be sugar free. I use regular cooking chocolate with high percent of cocoa (54%).
Our 4 year old loves this and as he is allergic to soy and dairy this is a perfect treat for him. It's homemade jet totally has a store bought candy feel to it.
- 1 cup almonds (optional: roasted)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 gr chocolate (paleo if you can get it, or at least one with high percent of cocoa)
- In a food processor grind the almonds and then add the coconut oil and blend until you get almond butter (liquid as in the picture-at room temperature).
- Melt chocolate in double broiler, or microwave oven.
- In paper cup put chocolate to cover bottom, then put it in a freezer for about 10 minutes
- Next add in every cup about one tbsp of almond butter and cover with the remaining melted chocolate.
- Put in fridge for about 1-2 hours.