Sunday, October 5, 2014

Paleo potato gnocchi

I absolutely love gnocchi. They can be served with any kind of sauce and are delicious and filling. The problem with the traditional recipe is the flour.

In this recipe I used plain potatoes (sweet potato or squash can be used too and the gnocchi come out equally delicious) because we grow our own organic potatoes.
Also potatoes are very starchy so the amount of added starch can be very small. For the added starch I used tapioca flour because it is gluten free and cheap.









INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 large potatoes
  • 1/2 cup tapioca powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 egg
  • lard
  • salt
  • pepper
  • turmeric


INSTRUCTIONS:


  • Peel and cook the potatoes in salt water.
  • Add in the potatoes salt, turmeric, 1 spoon of lard and blend them (I use handheld blender).
  • Add in the egg, baking powder and tapioca and mix well.
  • Line a baking pan with baking paper.
  • I used a plastic bag with a small hole to make small piles on the baking paper.
  • Bake for 30 minutes.
  • After baking a used a souce I had left from grilling meat in a skillet and just tossed the gnocchi in. But one can use any kind of sauce (simple one spoon lard/olive oil with garlic will do) to coat the gnocchi.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend anyone to take a look at this. I feel it’s just a steal. It really is one of the best paleo recipe books we’ve come across!
    This blog is a great blog and great knowledge . I think it would be even better if it joined with knowledge in this blog .
    I suggest you follow this link to the video to guide you. THE PALEO GRUBS BOOK

    ReplyDelete