So making yourself get up and eat right away has been challenging to me in the beginning of the Whole 30 program.
And then you do get in line with that and your body needs that nourishment in the morning, but what to eat? If you clean your pantry of sugar, grain, dairy, processed meats and the like all that is left, it seems at first, are eggs. And you do eat those eggs for the first months of your paleo, cooked, poached, fried, scrambled with vegetables/bacon/tuna...etc. until you can see eggs no more!
But the thing is eggs are a beautiful ingredient you just have to get some inspiration and for that you have a million recipes online that will help you prepare your breakfast. You can even for the most times prepare it before hand and it will be a pleasure to get up in the morning knowing that breakfast awaits you.
Today's recipe is one variation of muffins that can even serve as a breakfast on the go. it has only a few ingredients and is easy to make. I have made variations of them with ground pork/canned tuna/bacon/sausage and all were extremely delicious.
- about 400 gr ground pork/one can of tuna/200 gr of bacon or homemade sausage
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 large spaghetti squash (we grow are own and is currently in season, you can use NAY kind of squash available)
- 4 eggs
- Bake halves of spaghetti squash in oven for 40 min (seasoned with some salt).
- In a skillet, brown the ground pork or bacon with seasoning.
- Bowl: combine spaghetti squash squashed, pork/tuna/bacon/sausage, seasoning and eggs.
- Scoop this mixture into a greased muffin pan lined with paper cups and bake at 180C for 30 minutes or more.