As paleo is no milk and it's products there is no finishing touch to this soups with cream or sour cream (you can add coconut cream but I believe it is not necessary).
This a thick, creamy soup rich in flavor.
- 1 small hokaido squash (peeled, diced into cubes)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (peeled and whole) + 2 cloves mashed
- 1 apple (peeled, diced into cubes)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 2 dcl chicken stock (optional)
- Bake diced squash, onion, apple and whole garlic (salted and sprinkled with olive oil) on baking paper for 40 minutes at 200 C.
- Remove from oven and put in a pot and add chicken stock and a glass of water let come to a simmer.
- Blend (with handheld blender or whatever kind you own) until smooth, if to thick add some more water. Add the spices to taste (salt, pepper, nutmeg) and add mashed garlic. Let simmer for 5 minutes.