This is an easy side dish to make. It's healthy, quick and goes best with plain pork steak. This version is made with zucchini, onions and carrots but you can add other vegetables you have available like bell peppers, tomatoes (having in mind that they will add plenty of sourness, so not too much), kale, etc.
It can be made in ANY kind of pan but I would generally recommended owning at least one wok pan because they pay off. Any kind of vegetables or/and meat can be fried in them faster. The taste is different because it is preparation of food somewhere between frying and cooking and you can shift this balance with adding more oil to frying, or more water to cooking. The price is important to a point because of durability. The more expensive ones will have a better none stick surface that will be harder to wear and tear. I own one that was fairly expensive and a cheaper one (so far both are holding up in spite of daily use).
- 1 large zucchini ( shredded like spaghetti with common kitchen shredder)
- 3 large carrots (shredded with common kitchen shredder)
- 1 large onion (cut into stripes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Shred zucchini and carrots into stripes.
- Put some salt on the zucchini and let sit for about 20 minutes so that some of the excess water will drain off.
- Heat a wok pan and add in the olive oil and onions.
- Add in the carrots, stir for 10 minutes then add in the zucchini and let stir covered for 15 minutes.
- Add turmeric, salt to taste and pepper and let stir for additional 10 minutes.